From the « Mala », a small, secluded, unspoiled beach, I am off to walk the coastal path from Cap d’Ail to the beach « Marquet » at the door of Monaco.
In the footsteps of Greta Garbo, Sacha Guitry and Winston Churchill, who were fond of this charming walk, I walk on this beautiful path and discover the different landscapes available to me.
A rare Mediterranean flora, with exotic scents, shades of blue sea from dark to bright turquoise, mysterious volcanic rocks and sumptuous « Belle Epoque » style villas delight me all along this course.
About half way, I arrive at Pointe des Douaniers; a haven of peace where you can eat or enjoy a picnic; there is also a playground for children.
This path exudes azure fragrance and to feel it, you must mix body and mind on this little piece of paradise earth.
Alone, with friends, as a couple, or with family, I invite you to discover this little piece of Riviera paradise, which will charm you from the beginning to the end of its journey.
To be seen on the coastal path of Cap d’Ail
« La Pointe des Douaniers », is the extinct volcano of Cap d’Ail. We can still see its volcanic rocks (andesites) in different sizes and colors of the Tertiary era dated -35 to -20 million years.
- Free trail along the coast, with steps
- By SNCF train, stop Gare de Cap d’Ail; by bus Line d’Azur n ° 100, stop Cap d’Ail, Edmond’s / Beaverbrook
- Easy hiking, can be done with family
- Flat shoes recommended
- 3.5 km of trail lasting around 1 hour
- Paid public parking at the Marquet beach or parking space along the Mala road
- Route with rest areas, picnic and restaurants
- Public WC
- Closed by bad weather
- Swimming at the « Mala » or « Marquet » beaches