1 September 2021
What to do, what to see this summer in the Nice Côte d’Azur area?
Discover the best of Carros – Châteauneuf-Villevieille – Drap – La Gaude – Levens – Saint-Blaise – Saint-Jeannet – Tourrette-Levens – Vence
Towns and villages in the mid-country
- Take on the medieval ruins of Castel Nuovo
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the Paillon Valley
- Follow the discovery trail of Mont Macaron, a natural area of ecological, faunistic and floristic interest.
- Visit the church of Sainte-Marie, one of the oldest and most remarkable in the department
- Enjoy a natural and rural atmosphere, only 30 minutes from the sea
- Visit the architectural heritage (oil mill, St Jean Baptiste church, St Catherine’s Chapel)
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the sea, the Paillon valley and the Mercantour from the Plateau Tercier
- Stroll through the quiet little streets of the village and admire the pretty, well-kept houses surrounded by greenery
- Enjoy a paragliding experience
- Learn to ride a mountain bike
- Stroll in the historical centre of the village to discover its charming streets.
- Visit its picturesque living ecomuseum of Provence. One of a kind.
- Discover La Coupole’s temporary exhibitions or immerse yourself in the heart of the action in front of a cinema film.
- Attend the traditional and singular barrel race.
- Quench your thirst with spring water from the fountains that line the village.
- Get lost in the alleys of the old village.
- Enjoy the view during a hike around the village.
- Treat yourself to a full range of sensations on a mountain bike.
- Climbing the mountains.
- Diving in the fresh and crystalline waters of the Canyon de l’Imberguet.
- Discover the work of the famous sculptor Jean-Pierre AUGIER.
- Oxygenate as a family during a walk to the medieval castle.
- Participate in a pottery workshop in an old and authentic oil mill.
- Visit the church dating from the 18th century.
- Immersed in nature in a hundred-year-old olive grove.
- Enjoy a privileged environment.
- Go to conquer the “Baou” and take advantage of the numerous hiking trails.
- Revel in the view.
- Taste the wine of Saint-Jeannet and visit the vineyard.
- Discover the medieval village and its shops.
- Take a hike and enjoy a panorama between sea and mountains.
- Stroll through the charming streets of the village.
- Admire the incredible private collection of the Museum of Traditional Crafts.
- Visit the medieval castle and its natural history museum.
- Discover the baroque altarpiece or the “Annunciation” by Ludovic Bréa.
- Discover the historical heritage of the medieval city.
- Quench your thirst with spring water from one of the 24 fountains in the city.
- Follow in the footsteps of the painter Henri Matisse to the Chapel of the Rosary.
- Browse the lively stalls of its markets.
- Take a horseback ride and enjoy the incredible view.
Here is my Top 5 of what to see and do in the middle country of the Nice Côte d’Azur territory. Enjoy your stay!