You want to go hiking? Stay informed and stay safe!
Some hiking routes in Nice Côte d’Azur are not accessible, particularly in the Vésubie, Roya and Tinée valleys:
- Some sites and their car parks can quickly become full
- GR and GTM hikers have priority in the restaurant and hut services
- Some routes may be closed or diverted
- Some areas can be shared with shepherds and their “patous” (large mountain dogs)
Some trails in the Mercantour National Park, affected by bad weather, are no longer passable and are closed to hikers.
- For all the information on the itineraries located in the heart of the park, do not hesitate to visit the Mercantour National Park website.
- Information on other trails in the Alpes Maritimes is available on the Conseil Départemental website.