Located in the heart of the Old Town, near the Cours Saleya and its market, on the ground floor of the Palais du Sénat, a historic site that is already home to the Nice heritage centre, the “Atelier Cuisine Niçoise” offers cooking classes, culinary competitions, exhibitions and product presentations.
L’Atelier has a classroom – accessible to people with reduced mobility – with 12 workstations and all the equipment necessary for the many recipes developed throughout the seasons.
Depending on the chosen course, participants can learn the emblematic recipes of Nice’s cuisine before tasting them on the spot or taking their creations away to enjoy with their loved ones. Pissaladière, stuffed vegetables, gnocchi, “capouns” and other savoury or sweet chard pies will no longer hold any secrets for them.
As a family, as a couple, with friends or simply to treat yourself, it is possible to discover the richness of Nice’s culinary heritage by “getting your hands dirty” in the company of a chef specialised in Nice cuisine.
Courses and rates
Classic course (duration 2 hrs 30 approx.):
Welcome of the participants, presentation of the Niçoise Cuisine Workshop and the recipes, history of Niçoise cuisine, discovery of the products and production of two recipes at the same time. Tasting on site or to take away.
- Public individual rate : 52 € per person
- Family duo rate: €78.50 for two people
Room rental (duration 4h – maximum capacity of 18 people) :
The rental of the room for private lessons given by chefs or associations will be provided with all the equipment required for the lessons. Ingredients and utensils not included in the list are to be brought by the entity organising the course. Reservations can be made by telephone.
Public rate :
- 364 € (without resident chef)
- 468 € (with resident chef)
Book your gift or sales voucher
Book your voucher online, then make an appointment directly with the workshop at least 48 hours in advance for the class of your choice.
Classes for the month of October 2023 (classes begin at 09:30 am) :
- Friday 6th October : Fresh pasta with pistou – Pissaladière
- Saturday 7th October : Gnocchi with sage butter – Trucha – Fritters
- Saturday 14th October : Merda di can – Pissaladière
- Saturday 21st October : Fresh pasta with lemon – Pissaladière
- Friday 27th October : Stuffed sardines – Trucha – Fritters
- Saturday 28th October : Swiss chard pie – Fritters
Find out more :
How does a typical workshop run?
- Welcome of the participants
- Presentation of the recipe (history, stages…)
- Discovery of the ingredients used
- Preparation of the recipe on a workstation where the ingredients are prepared beforehand
- Film images of the chef’s workstation are transmitted on a screen allowing participants to visualise the recipe and reproduce it at the same time
- Tasting and possibility for the participant to leave with his or her production
Who can take part?
- Individuals (residents, visitors)
- Companies, works councils
- Local authorities (City of Nice, Metropolis, CCAS, etc.)
- Possible partners and/or sponsors
The area and materials available
Course space :
- 13 workstations (1 instructor’s workstation facing the 12 participant workstations
- A mini-camera installed on the chef’s work surface in order to retransmit the gestures to be reproduced on a screen facing the participants. Possibility of recording the sequences for future use (DVD, social networks, films, etc.).
- Cold and cooking equipment
- The area is accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Storage space
- Tasting area
Rates for associations and works councils
The following preferential rates apply to associations and works councils:
Classic course (approx. 2h30): 47 € per person
Half day (about 3h30): 63 € per person
Full day (approx. 6 hours): 94 € per person
Room hire: 312 € (without resident chef) or 416 € (with resident chef)
Contact the Atelier
The Atelier is located :
2 rue de l’ancien Sénat
Tél : +33 (0) 4 89 06 48 01
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org