Cycling in Nice Côte d’Azur is now child’s play!
With its 125 km of cycling facilities, the city opens the way to discovery and wonder.
Take advantage of this great opportunity to move around freely without polluting.
To promote this economic, ecological, social, and user-friendly mode of transport, the metropolitan area has set up for you :
- Vélobleu : Nice Côte d’Azur offers an alternative to the car in Nice, Cagnes-sur-mer and Saint-Laurent du Var: self-service bicycles. 175 stations spread throughout the area (one bike station every 300 metres) provide 1,750 bikes 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- E-Vélobleu : New self-service 100% electric bicycle rental system offered by the Nice Côte d’Azur metropolitan area. The 200 e-Vélobleu are available 24/7.
- 125 km of cycling facilities in the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolitan area: almost 20% of the road network, with a gradient of less than 5%, is equipped with cycle lanes or paths in Nice.
- A map of the cycling network in the city of Nice and the metropolitan area.
- There are 8,206 parking spaces for two-wheelers in Nice Côte d’Azur. 37% of these spaces are allocated to bicycles.
Discover the heritage cycling routes
Nissa Bicyclette has joined forces with the Ville d’art et d’histoire service to offer fun and sometimes sporty bike rides to discover Nice in a new light through the places that have marked its history.
There are four levels of difficulty: green, blue, red, and black.
The cycle routes are free and available at the Centre du Patrimoine-Le Sénat, 14 rue Jules Gilly, in Vieux-Nice.
- Plan Panin” bicycle route: the first green route in the series. During this ride, which starts at the Cité du Parc (now the Cours Jacques Chirac) and ends at the Quai Rauba Capèu, you will learn more about the Nice Opera House, the Albert 1st garden, the Place Massena, the Lycée Masséna, the Place Garibaldi and the Place Ile de Beauté. The route has 8 stages to be discovered over 4 kms retracing the history of the places. It is also punctuated by heritage and anecdotal focuses. Download the PDF of the Plan Panin course
- The “pau mai” bicycle tour: During this tour, which starts at the Monument du Centenaire and ends on the Promenade des Anglais, you will learn more about the Musée Masséna, the Hôtel Negresco, the Russian Cathedral, the Parc Imperial, the Saint-Paul church, the Gare du Sud… The route has 8 stages to be discovered over 6.8 kms retracing the history of the area. It is also punctuated by heritage and anecdotal focuses. Download the PDF of the “pau mai” course
How about an electric bike ride while visiting Nice and its region with a local guide?
Our partners will be able to seduce you thanks to the different themes of the walks they propose.
Explore Nice’s architecture, discover its parks and gardens or be surprised by the local art while listening to the anecdotes that have marked the history of “Nissa la Bella”.